Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My personal curse word...

Well with marriage in my near future and the very exciting (and scary) prospect of complete independence from the overbearing (yet still entire loving) parental figures, I am biting my nails looking for some form of employment with which to support myself and my doting wife to be. I am in a little bit of an interesting situation. I have completed all the course work and have taken my MCATs (which will HAVE to be blogged about) but have yet to apply to Medical School. I will be applying this summer for fall '07. This means that from the time I graduate undergrad (this month) until I enter med-school (August 07) I will be entirely fiscally independent. This is very very worrisome. My mind nowadays is a blur with a thousand things and it seems that the more I think, the less time I have to think. Between finishing up undergrad, graduation, job search, marriage, tutoring, and med-school, there is definitely what to think about. But as a good friend of mine likes to put it "nothing in life worth having comes easy" and all of the things I currently have are things that are definitely worth having. So if it means giving of myself a little more I guess that's what it takes. There comes a point where we all just have to step back and begin to prioritize, organize, surmise, and we may be surprised that what we ourselves have comprised lays right before our eyes. Wow sorry that was just pointless. My point is that to most of us, "work" is a four letter curse word ending in "K", but now I see that work (and I don't mean a profession) is what gets us to where we want to be. Don't get me wrong I'm lazier than most people out there but I have to stop the "self destructive laziness" if I'm going to ever be successful at anything. I was blessed with a half decent brain, but it will only get me so far. As we approach more and more specific and intense forms of education you no longer stand where you once did. Elementary school....pfft useless, High school....a breeze, College...the rif raf is getting weeded out, Pre-med....competition, Med-School...I'm now with the best and the brightest maybe it's time I realize what this will take.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

Nu nu. We've been independent for 2 years with no money, and we're not dead yet. :)

But one note - you have to be absolutely sure no prospective schools find out about a blog in which you note your laziness.

1:36 PM  
Blogger FFD said...

to everyone but urself i am completely anonomous. I would really love for it to stay that way ;-)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

No problemo. You're not even on my 'roll. ;)

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! hydrocodone vicodin does Boys basketball in new mexico Laser tattoo removal titusville Chubby redheads nude free pics looking for ebay lcd projectors projectors Mature senior milfs Mamachi digital printing Classic pontiac + for sale black and latino boys Lamborghini powerpoints penis enlargement pills Pussy paris hilton

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home