Wednesday, November 22, 2006

soooooooooorry!

Hello all... Especially Moshe! I realize I have been away for a while but things have been super duper crazy. FFW and I have been busy putting our apartment together and things are really coming along. We can't wait to have each and every one of our readers over for a meal at some time (especially the couples [we just bought a game called "battle of the sexes" and I can't wait to show them whose boss ;-) ]) <-- that is not a double chin emoticon just the closing bracket and parenthesis. I have been building much of our bedroom furniture (which looks pretty nice even though it is pretty chrefty]) and am sore, black & blue, and totally wiped. At the behest of my wife (which is interesting because im the one you think would want it) we recently bought a used TV from craigslist. It was a great bargain and "the boys" are always welcome to chill at my place for the 1pm or 4pm games on sunday. The apartment looks great eventhough it has its drawbacks. Although there are many drawers and cabinets, most of them are too shallow to actually place many of the things we have. Med School applications are. . . . well let's just say I hope my procrastination pays off.

I recently interviewed at AECOM and to put it frankly I was grilled like a hamburger on memorial day. From everything I had read, Einstein interviews seemed chilled out, laid back, and basically the interviewers were just trying to ensure that you were a well intentioned and personable individual. Such was not the case with me. The interview lasted 21min. but it felt like days; I was shvitzing worse than a fat man in the negev in a khamsin, yet I remained cool and batted his questions with respectful honesty (let's hope it impressed him). I'm pretty good with feeling a person out but I was getting less feedback than phosphofructokinase in the presence of abundant ATP (that's for you Moshe).... but wtvr its over and i needn't bore you with every little detail of my anotomical responses to his curt brusqueness. wtvr basically it went ... just ok not good (i certainly didn't feel good about it).

still to come "what the heck is Doc working on these days anyway"

10 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

Oh, for Moshe... hmph.

Welcome back to the blogiverse. You neglected to mention what kind of TV, btw. [Have I mentioned that I hate you guys right now?!!!] <-- Jealousy.

Is the "still to come" going to appear before or after your first anniversary? :)

Good to see you writing again, see you next week! And mazel tov on the niece! I noticed that FFW is now "your wife" - did we miss something? I am *so* not getting dressed up if y'all eloped.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

Ez, our wedding is black tie. We expect you to come in a tux.

7:04 PM  
Blogger FFD said...

I wish we had eloped! but alas, i remain single BUT ONLY FOR 17 MORE DAYS!!! and it was a 27" flat front Phillips TV/DVD combo.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Moshe said...

YAY!!!

Doc posted again...he's back.

Seriously, good to hear from you. Is the wedding really black tie -- I think I'd go crazy.

Anyhow, can't wait for the rufruf

12:07 PM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

Moshe, don't worry....no black tie. A suit and tie is the way to go!!

C ya at the rufruf!

12:00 AM  
Blogger FFD said...

DK First off you better hope SJM stopped reading this blog b/c if not she would whop you over the head for confusing a metaphor (my blog is the sweetest petal of a desert rose) and the similes that I use (yo dose giants got whooped like Whitney by Bobby Brown [yes I know they filed for divorce but you get the point]). secondly I think the similes give my blog more flavor than a pickled habanero pepper.... mmmm spicey!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Ez, our wedding is black tie. We expect you to come in a tux.

HA! Do you think they even MAKE tuxes that fit me!?

FFD - Maybe I'll sleep off my jet lag. (Low blow. Sorry.)

Moshe, don't worry....no black tie. A suit and tie is the way to go!!

HEY!!! What the heck!? :::grumbles::: Everybody lies to me. :(

Can't wait for the aufruf. Is that black tie too? Will the new Feinyette* be making her first public appearance?

* Feinyette - The name assigned to little children of a certain family by someone named Hootie.

8:42 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

No such luck, DK...I'm still reading, though I had actually given up on ever seeing anything new here, and was only alerted to this blog's revival by a tip-off from a certain casual blogosphere acquaintance ;-) Anyway, since I'm generally a non-confrontational sort of person (especially to people I've never even met yet!) I was a bit reluctant to immediately whop DK over the head for his gratuitous grammatical gaffe, but FFD, I am eternally grateful to you for doing my job for me and taking him to task.

I'm glad to see that the blog's come back to life, and keep the colorful similes coming...

5:06 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

...and punctuation, spelling...

12:08 PM  
Blogger Moshe said...

Two words for these comments:

HA HA!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home