Monday, August 21, 2006

OK Boys and Girls....


B"H and with his help you have all heard the good news. I AM EMPLOYED! I have recently accepted a position at The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, in one of their neuroscience laboratories (neuroscience and neurotechnology are two fields in which AECOM is at the forefront). I could not have asked for a better position. I look back to some of what I had been looking at, and how desperate I had actually become, and smile to see how great things have actually worked out. I am slightly worried as to my lack of experience with some of the techniques utilized in this lab, but I will try my absolute best to ensure that my work brings only impressed faces to all of those around me, so that hopefully they have only welcome accolades and lauding jubilation for having hired me.

In addition, I am also applying to the medical school at AECOM for the 2007 incoming class. This too is very exciting to me. I will not post too much about this just now and will return to it at some later point in time. I will, however, say why my medical school application is focused on Einstein. Besides being a great institution for the advancements of the life sciences, the Medical School at AECOM has stated within the University policy that no classes, seminars, lectures, etc., be scheduled on Jewish holidays. This is a tremendous advantage to Einstein which is not available in any other medical school nationwide (that I know of). Of course AECOM does not advertise this fact, which I guess is understandable being that they wish not to stigmatize themselves by being considered a "Jewish" Medical school. umm... thats what they were intended to be! you wont find it online and AECOM will never openly admit to it but the college was created as an institution in which Jewish medical students could avoid the quotas placed on them by all the other medical schools. But thankfully times have changed and the anti-jewish quotas have been replaced with medical schools packed with guys who I can only assume are making their Jewish Moms proud. Which brings me back to the Borat movie.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

WOOHOO!!! Now you can afford to have guests eat your food. (Hey, I don't eat THAT much.) I must say... incredible timing all around.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

I beg to differ on the food part!!!!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home