Thursday, June 15, 2006

Application rant

I apologize profusely for the lack of any form of significant post in the past few weeks but finals have come and gone and now I have but one 5 page paper (out of 11 at the start of the semester YES 11) standing in the way of my eventual graduation. I feel more prolific than Isaac Asimov (who wrote or edited more than 500 works in his lifetime). Anyway since this blog was created not as a dating History of myself and the FFW, but as a cathartic expunging of all that the medical school life entails I will blog for a bit about that and return very soon and finally blog tell you all how I came to appreciate and love FFW.

Well as you all know I took my MCATs in August of 05’ and B”H I did relatively well. But as anyone who has gone through it can tell you the MCATs are only the number you wear on your chest in the marathon that is the Medical School application. I took the august MCAT with full intention of NOT applying for the entering class of 05’. I wanted to stay ahead of the game and decided to hold off for a year which provided me with a number of opportunities.

1) I could take a year off and find a research opportunity that would further boost my application to medical school by demonstrating a commitment to all thing medical and science related.

2) I would be first out of the starting gates for my medical school application.

And so I went my merry way assuming that all would fall into place, and for the most part it really did. I had a research opportunity lined up in a prestigious lab in Einstein. This position, however, was non-paid.

Then it happened! My life changed the single instant I decided to go out with FFW. Non-paid no longer cut the mustard, actually it couldn’t even supply the mustard to cut, but B”H I am in no way complaining. I mean I found the (only) individual I wish to spend the rest of my life with so I guess I didn’t do so bad (I know PUKE to all you married couples :-P).

Anyway desperate times now called for desperate measures and I began to dust off the old resumé. Updating, restructuring, and reformatting, I did the best I could to make my resumé appealing to the widest range of possible employers. And so I began applying here, there and everywhere but nothing came. Nothing at all! So I posted the resume on monster then on NYT job market, then carrerbuilder then I went to individual university web pages and posted it there.

p.s. Im still looking for a job

2 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

Heh. Okay, no puking. But hey man, I can relate... You'll get yours, don't worry.

And if you want to know how to live broke, we are the EXPERTS!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Moshe said...

The job will come soon emough - hang in there.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home