Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Second Date

Being that FFD was the 17th guy I've "shidduch dated", I felt that the date wasn't horrible like I've had in the past. I mean...I managed to carry-on a conversation for 6 hours!! How bad could that be!!

I wanted to go on a second date, but I had no idea what he was thinking. Was he going to call me on his own? Was he going to take the easy way out and IM me? Were we going back to the shadchanim(which are every single one of our friends...JK!)? I had no idea what to do. FFD says that I IMed him after the first date. I really don't remember that, but it's possible that happened. Whatever it was, we did not go back to the shadchanim and took everything into our own hands.

(Because I don't have as much details as FFD, I will go on and continue with date #2 and so on and he'll fill you in on his side)...

Our 2nd date was on a Motzei Shabbos. (Note: First date was Wednesday Feb. 22, 2006). The plan was to go to My Most Favorite Dessert in the city. After driving around and around, with me keeping my mouth shut because he "knew" where he was going...there was no parking spot to be found. We ended up going to J2. I was OK with that. [Some other guy took me for pizza on a 2nd date and I didn't think it was the right thing to do, but the situation was very different.] We sat and shmoozed for awhile until we got kicked out because the store was closing. That was about 1:30 AM or so. FFD recently reminded me that the "real" serious conversation took place on the 2nd date. I thought the date went well. I really didn't have any complaints(other people may remind me of how I felt, but as far as I remember B'H all was good). This date lasted about 5 1/2 to 6 hours long.[FFD didn't realize this was a good thing]!

I don't remember what happened between the 2nd and 3rd dates(besides shmoozing online) but I will give FFD time to catch up with his side until this point.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"FFD recently reminded me that the "real" serious conversation took place on the 2nd date."

Since when is there a science to how your personal interactions play out on a date? Why can't it happen naturally? Does he have to propose on the fourth date?

8:06 PM  
Blogger FFD said...

Jonah you may have missed FFW's intent in that comment. Whereas many people talk out all of the classic chit chat on a first date (so how many siblings do you have...etc) we didnt have that at all. we were certainly not playing by anyones rulebook. allow me to prove it
1) I IMed her before we ever went out
2) We never went back to the shadchan
3) after the first 2 dates we never went anywhere (almost)
4) I let my friends crash our third date.
if i think of more ill let you know

2:54 AM  
Blogger Moshe said...

What was the "real" serious conversation????

12:07 PM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

Moshe - we spoke about you. FFD said that if I marry him, its a packagage deal so he told me about each of his friends so that I know what I'm getting myself into. If I remember correctly, most of the conversation was about you because of his MCAT experience and told me how much "studying" you guys did together!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Moshe said...

Wow - I am touched. Now you understand why I kept pulling him away yesterday at the vort.

8:09 PM  
Blogger FFD said...

Dont worry Mo there was nothin said about you for a little while. not that there is anything wrong with that

1:08 PM  
Blogger Moshe said...

FFD: I don't belive you. I belive FFW who said you did speak about me on the second (and probably first) date.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

Mo- We always talk about you...but OF COURSE only good things!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

I thought the second was longer than that, but I guess you guys would know better...

Didn't you spend most of the first date or was it the second discussing all your mutual friends? I remember thinking it was a bit weird to be one of the major topics of someone else's date. :)

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't "serious conversation" with Doc mean lockpicking, electrical rewiring, or pyrotechnics/demoliton explosives?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

Well believe it or not, FFD can now talk about other things as well. I know it's a shock for you all, but miracles do happen.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hold on here- i thought the second date and on (including post engagement)consisted of sitting on a green couch, with two squishy cream pillows, sitting 3 inches apart from each other and lovingly, gazing into each others eyes, while squishing the pillows, that are used as a mechitzah!

and Doc/yitzie, whatever your name is, no.. you can not take a break from someone you love very dearly!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

I just want to say HA! Look who's commenting... :)

12:12 AM  
Blogger Moshe said...

who is this mutual friend? Why am I out of the loop?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Ah, Moishe Moishe. Think for a second.

How many people do you know who have green couches, with really comfy pillows? Hint: The mutual friend almost sat on you once. :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Moshe said...

Wait! Is mutual friend the first half of "serandez"?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Oooh, look who grew a brain! :)

It sure as hell isn't the second part.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where a new post its not like you dont have the time

10:38 PM  
Blogger Frum Future Wife said...

B'H FFD finally finished his med school application and sent it in!!! Well...you know what that means...all he's left with is getting a job and he'll update the blog somewhat soon!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home