Monday, May 22, 2006

What I'm looking for

See below for the continuing dating saga

Props to McOrn for finding a post on a blog that totally encapsulates where i want to be in a few years. It makes you realize that all of the little things are just that and the big things are what last more than a day or so. I Love you all and hope all is well with each and every one of you. Have an awesome day whenever you read this


From the blog of an anesthesia resident
Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Priorities

The good thing about having a husband and a kid (aside from the tax implications) are that it's like having a big neon sign in your life that flashes and indicates THIS IS WHAT'S IMPORTANT, THIS IS WHAT MATTERS. I just got home close to 10pm from being on "short" call, after a long day at the hospital which was, like any other day, fraught with its own set of frustrations and annoyances. And my whole way home, I was just thinking, man, if only I'd said this, if only I'd done this, if only this had played out differently and it was making me absolutely crazy because last I checked, I didn't have a time machine. (Nor the one point twenty one gigawatts to power it.)

And then I came home and walked into the bedroom, where Cal and Joe were sleeping. They were both lying on their backs, snoring lightly in tandem, and Cal had his little hand resting on Joe's chest, as though to make sure that Joe wasn't going to go anywhere. And then all of a sudden all of the annoying stuff didn't matter so much anymore.

This is what's important. This is what matters.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

Amen. I thought it was awesome when I saw it on his away message, and again seeing it now. Some things in life are simply more important.

12:50 AM  
Blogger FFD said...

HOLY RELIGIOUS ARTICLES BATMAN EZZIE'S A DADDY! It hits me again everytime i think about it

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Aww, thanks! (Not that you guys ever visit... or CALL ;) )

12:43 PM  
Blogger FFD said...

Are you joking?? We were there for like 50% of our dates and call you like all the time. It just so happens that our schedules are so fekacked that we hardly see any of each other. but we will see what we can do to see how our favorite "niece" is doin

1:14 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

(I was kidding. And FFW knows what I mean when I say you don't call. :) )

1:53 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

She didn't sleep well over Shabbos...

1:45 AM  
Blogger FFD said...

you guys totally have to fill me in on this shabbos thing

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Cost of rhinoplasty surgery car insurance price tom cruise is nuts Topamax is it addictive Body kits toyota echo hatchback history+on+prozac charms cruise Service sink faucets can lipitor cause liver disease tall ship cruises Seroquel and pregnancy first trimester Bulk email healthcare Search hl en minivan headliner celebration cruise director Bondage cafay Rollover 401k to s corporation cheap wekend cruise Bahamas cruise deals bahamas cruise vacation niche web whole sale louis vuitton hand bags china cruises

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home