Monday, November 27, 2006

Mickey and Ricki...


Well the title of this post doesn't really say much to all of you but it will lead to something....I hope. Anyway 2 weeks ago FFW and I were together for shabbos (no need for jocular gasps and "say it aint so's") and as usually occurs after a shabbos together, we spent way too long deciding what we should do. (it usually ends up with us doing nothing but still). One of FFW's friends had told us that she may be going to Dave and Busters and we wanted to tag along ...sounded great, especially since I knew that I had brought the same outfit (almost) that I had worn on our first date at Jillians (Jillians became D&B). Anyway her friend finked out but I insisted that we go anyway. FFW told me to wait while she changed and when I saw her next wouldn't you know it she was wearing the same thing that she wore on our first date too (cue sentimental awwwwws).

So out we went to reenact our very first date, and let me tell you there is definitely some truth to the whole change the name change the mazel thing (Jillians --> D&B), b/c this date went 197.642% better than our first date (should I not be saying that?). Maybe it was the fact that nothing felt forced, maybe it was the fact that I didn't have to impress her anymore, maybe I was just now an experienced dater? But whatever it was we had a great time. We got to look at other couples and laugh at them (we were really laughing at ourselves but wtvr). We got to play some games (FFW cant drive and I cant dance [yes CY I did DDR just for you [and to reenact the fact that I did it on date one also]]). But best of all we were doing something and we were having fun. Basically we thought we had reached a point where we didn't need to do anything anymore. We honestly enjoyed just shmoozing on a couch hugging a pillow (Ezzie's got the greatest pillows....not the kind that go in a bro or mansiere :-), but it felt really great to go out and not have to talk about this or that, but to create something inconsequential and meaningless to talk about. Our minds were free to roam around the overstimulation that is Jillians. It was just what we needed, and when I walked my reenacted date to the door and she told me she had a wonderful time it felt good. I knew she meant it both as a first date emulation joke, but i could tell also that she really meant it as my FFW.

Anywho... why do you let me go on such ramblings... oh wait this entire blog is just my stupid ramblings which for some reason you people like to read :-P. I haven't gotten to my explaination about mickey and ricky but ill get there...just give me a day or two.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

I really should be throwing up, but this was cute. And I thought you long ago reached the point where you "no longer needed to do anything" - somewhere around Date 3, IIRC*. I think that's the next date you were going to write about (AHEM) before you stopped doing that...

And I'm not sure whether I should kill you or not for the pillows thing. You'll find out this weekend. :P

* Which makes me wonder - why is it that I get yelled at by FFW for not "doing anything" with Serach!? We've reached the point where we don't need to "do anything" too, ya know! Hmph.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Moshe said...

"I haven't gotten to my explaination about mickey and ricky but ill get there...just give me a day or two"

Yeah, right. A day or two.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home